Savoury Seed Crackers
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 32 crackers 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
These are sooooo good and a great snack to have on hand. We spread hummus, avocado puree, tahini, and ghee on these crackers, yes many healthy options.
They make a fun Sunday afternoon family time in the kitchen together. You can store these in the refrigerator for weeks, so go ahead, make a double batch.
- 2 larges eggs
- Seeds, flaxseed – 1/2 cup, wholes
- Seeds, chia seeds, dried – 2 tablespoons
- Spices, celery seed – 1 tsp
- Spices, oregano, dried – 1 tsp, leaves
- Spices, sage, ground – 1 tsp
- Thyme, fresh – 1 tsp
- Spices, pepper, black – 1 tsp, ground
- Salt, table – 1 tsp
- Seeds, hemp seed, hulled – 3 tbsps
- Seeds, sunflower seed kernels, toasted, without salt – 1/2 cups
- Seeds, pumpkin seed kernels, dried – 1/2 cups
- Seeds, sesame seeds, whole, dried – 2 tbsps
- Beverages, water, tap, drinking – 1 cup
In a spice or coffee grinder – lightly grind the hemp, chia, and flaxseeds.
In a large mixing bowl, add the ground mixture to all the other ingredients except eggs. Pour the water into the large mix and let soak for 30 minutes.
The add eggs and lightly mix all ingredients after the 30 minute soaking.
You will bake the mixture in a 180* C or about 360* F preheated oven.
Line your baking pan with baking paper first. Using a spatula, spread the mixture evenly over the lined baking pan. (we like a thicker cracker as it holds together better, you may like them thinner)
Bake for 25 minutes (check at 20 minutes they are not burned as I don’t know your oven) then flip them over in the pan for another 15 – 20 minutes until crispy and dark brown.
Let cool and break into the size of pieces you like!
- The crackers can be vegan by substituting a chia seed paste for the eggs.
- You could also add 2T. of Ghee, or Coconut Oil, or EV Olive Oil for some extra good fat.
- Experiment with different mixes of seeds if you like.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: crackers
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Brain Health