For the Lamb Meatballs;
For the Pot;
For the Vindaloo Paste;
Garlic, raw 3 cloves
Spices, turmeric, ground 1 tsp
Spices, cloves, ground 1 tsp
Ginger root, raw 1 tsp
Spices, fenugreek seed 1 tsp
- Spices, coriander seed 1 tsp
Spices, cumin seed 1 tsp, whole
Spices, cardamom 1 tsp, ground
Spices, cinnamon, ground 1 tsp
Peppers, hot chili, red, raw 2 peppers
- Vinegar, apple cider 3 tbsp
Tomato products, canned, puree, 1 cup
Make the Vindaloo paste by combining the ingredients in a blender, and set aside.
To the Meatball mix, add 4 tablespoons of the Vindaloo paste.
Cook the meatballs until medium rare (5 – 7 minutes), and save the juices from the pan.
In a large pot saute the vegetables in coconut oil and EV olive oil for 3 minutes over medium heat. Then add the meatballs and juice, and simmer for 3 more minutes.
Now add the paste, coconut milk, and water to the pot, and let simmer on low heat for 30 – 60 minutes depending on the thickness desired. Season with salt and pepper.
You could do this vegan by using marinated tofu instead of meatballs
- Serve with wild brown rice, or by itself with a lovely green salad.
- You can change up the vegetables to what you have in season.
- Use lamb chunks, or beef, or chicken, or fish … it’s your palate to satisfy.
- Number of Chilies to your HEAT level.
- Prep Time:15 minutes
- Cook Time:30 minutes
- Category:Ethnic Bowls
- Method:one pot
Keywords: vindaloo, Indian, lamb, meatballs, one pot,