Oh My Goodness; Banh Mi Noodle Bowl
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 Bowls 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
➥ If you love banh mi sandwiches, you will LOVE these healthy Banh Mi Noodle Bowls. They’re made with rice noodles, heaps of veggies, and a tangy mint, coriander – lime creamy Sriracha mayo. This is the kind of easy dinner recipe you’ll want to eat all year long!
Yes, “I know a Banh Mi is a SANDWICH!”
➥ Just getting it out there in case you’re a banh mi aficionado and are cringing a little that I turned it into a noodle bowl.
100 grams rice noodles
100 grams chicken pieces
1 cup of mixed salad greens (your choice)
1 small carrot cut into matchsticks
1/4 cucumber sliced or diced
1/2 cup chopped red and green cabbage
2 radishes sliced
1 small red beet shredded
10 grams of sunflower seeds
2 hot green chilies
1 hot red chili
Juice of 1 – 2 limes
2 Tbs. Rice wine vinegar
4 Tbsp/ Ev Olive Oil
3 sprigs each of fresh mint and coriander
salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the rice noodles fo 3-5 minutes, then cool them.
- Saute’ the chicken, green chilies, and sunflower seeds in coconut oil on medium heat, about 5 – 7 minutes.
To assemble the bowl –
- Greens on the bottom, then rice noodles, and place veggies and chicken around the sides of the bowl.
- garnish with the Sriracha Mayo, Lime juice and lime wedges, and sprinkle some green onion slices, and sesame seeds over the top if you like for a lovely look.
For the tangy mint, coriander – lime creamy Sriracha mayo;
- In a mixer or mixing bowl,
- Chopped coriander, chopped mint, diced red chili, rice wine vinegar, juice of a lime, salt and pepper Normally the sauce has some form of sugar in it, however, I like to omit the sugar.
- 1 Tbsp. of Honey would be a nice addition.
- Whips or whisk these ingredients together, and then slowly drizzle in the EV Olive oil till you get a creamy consistency. Whip it Good!
- A Tbsp. of Sesame oil also works nicely in this dressing.
For Vegan and Vegetarian; Use marinated tofu or just heaps of veggies!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: Ethnic Bowls
- Method: one pot
- Cuisine: Vietnamese