Almond/Broccoli Vegan Burger
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 6 patties 1x
- Diet: Vegan
✅ Want a truly tasty vegan burger patty?
➤ Using chia paste (chia seeds and water) as an egg replacement, this is a flavourful vegetable, seeds, and nut patty that even the meat eaters may say; “Wow, that’s pretty good!”
➤ Great fibre, protein, and carbs from the nuts and seeds, and yes if you want more protein, you can use 2 eggs instead of the chia seed paste.
- 1 cup rough chop almonds
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 4T. Flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup Sunflower seeds
- 1 large green onion (scallion) chopped
- 2 T. Chia seeds
- 1 red or green hot chili
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 4 sprigs Parsley
- 2 t. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 T/ EV Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Add ground chia seeds to 1/4 cup warm water and stir, then let set for 5 – 10 minutes until it becomes a gooey consistency.
- Finely grind Flax seeds and sunflower seeds, and set aside.
- Add almonds and broccoli to food processor to finely chopped consistency.
- Then add ALL other ingredients to the almond and broccoli mix, and pulse together until a rough chopped consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add a little more water to mix if too dry.
- Form into burger patties and bake in the oven or saute’ in a skillet.
- Serve with your favourite burger toppings and goodies.
Serve on lettuce greens with stir-fry vegetables for the truly vegan experience, with your favourite sauces. I added my own fermented pickles and spicy salsa to add some zest to the dish.
For chia paste; 1T. ground chia seeds mixed with warm water becomes a gooey gelatinous consistency in about 5 – 8 minutes. ( this is equivalent to 1 egg)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: savoury dish
- Method: puree
- Cuisine: Brain Health