Fabulous Fish Cakes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 4 large fish cakes 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
✅ Ready to eat from the high seas? 🐟 These fish cakes are Fabulous, 😍 if I do say so … come on, see if I’m onto something here!
Savoury, with a little crisp and zest. They pair beautifully with a spicy Remoulade Sauce, or a Garlic Aioli, with roasted garden vegetables, and a simple salad made from the harvest of your own garden.
- Help lower blood sugar. …
- Rich in immune-boosting antioxidants. …
- Benefit heart health. …
- Protect brain health. …
- Great Detoxifier …
➥ Here are 3 great health benefits of sunflower seeds.
- Flavonoids and other plant compounds in sunflower seeds also help reduce inflammation.
- Studies suggest that adding sunflower seeds to foods may help decrease carbs’ effect on your blood sugar. The seeds’ protein and fat slow the rate at which your stomach empties, allowing a more gradual release of sugar from carbs.
- They also contain nutrients that can support your immune system and boost your energy levels.
- 150 grams of finely chopped fish ( use a mix of fresh from your area if you can) 🐟
- 1 small carrot finely chopped
- 1 stalk green onion diced
- 10 grams finely ground sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp. of fresh dill or ground dill seeds
- 2 Tbsp. (blanched) almond flour or other gluten free flour
- 4 sprigs coriander finely chopped
- 1 pastured egg
- 1 Tbsp. Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. EV Olive oil
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, gently mix all the ingredients You want it to retain a slightly lumpy texture.
- Once ingredients are well blended, form into 4 – 6 patties.
- Warm 1 tbsp. of coconut oil or avocado oil, in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add several patties at once leaving several inches in between to allow for flipping.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until nicely browned. Add more oil if needed.
- Garnish with lemon wedges, pickles, and sauce of your choice and serve immediately.
➥ Enjoy these Fabulous Fish Cakes my friend ! 😍
Try some different types of fish, different spices, and herbs.
Any type of onion, and other chopped veggies give you plentiful flavours to play with.
You could coat or bread these with gluten free flour or gluten free bread crumbs.
That would add more carbs to the dish and if you are on a ketogenic type of plan, that would have to be carefully assessed.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: fish
- Method: saute
- Cuisine: Ketoflex Brain Health