Garden Tomato Pizza Sauce
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 10 - 12 pizza bases 1x
- Diet: Vegan
➥ Does the sauce make the Pizza? I believe the magic is in the sauce … bad sauce, poor pizza.
So here’s a flavourful and healthy pizza sauce with vegetables and green kale.
Simple pizza sauce used by our house in a healthy way. The thickness of the sauce is regulated by the amount of water used; it should be somewhat thick for pizza.
- 4 large tomatoes or 1 can chopped or whole tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small carrot
- 1/4 cup of fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup kale leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup water
- Coarsely chop all ingredients, and saute’ ingredients in 2 Tablespoons of olive oil on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Then add the water and let the sauce simmer for 15 – 30 minutes, depending on how much time you have available for the process. (longer the better)
- Puree the sauce when finished and adjust with water for desired thickness.
➥ Play with the ingredients and spices, as to what vegetables ( bell peppers, zucchini, fresh herbs) and herbs are in season, and canned tomatoes can be used if no fresh available.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: sauce
- Method: puree
- Cuisine: Italian