Recently I made this soup for friends, some were skeptical of the different spices and flavours. Well, they were won over, as they all asked for the recipe, so I had to get this out to them and you.
Lots of variations to this recipe, so check those out in the notes, and let this Soup win you over too!
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pumpkin
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 red or green chilies
- 2 T. tahini
- 1/2 cup coconut shreds
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1 orange
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 T. turmeric chopped
- 2 T. chopped fresh ginger root
- 1T. cracked black pepper
- 1 T. quality salt
- 1 litre coconut milk
- 1 litre filtered water or broth of your choice
In soup pot with 2 T. warm coconut oil, saute the dry ingredients for 3- 4 minutes on medium heat. Then add the liquid and bring to a light simmer. Cover the pot and cook until the ingredients are soft enough to puree.
Adjust the seasoning to your taste and Wow your family and friends!
- Use any seasonal vegetables you like and are inexpensive.
- Adjust the heat with the amount of chilies.
- you can use peanut butter instead of tahini
- Use coconut cream or almond milk.
- A touch of Ghee (clarified butter) to finish adds creamy consistency – *Note: not vegan if you do this.
- For quicker soup, chop dry ingredients smaller.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Saute, Simmer, and Blend
- Cuisine: Pacific Inspired
Keywords: soup coconut ginger turmeric citrus pumpkin