➥ For a Nutritious Brain and Mental Health snack or side dish to any meal, give this a try.
Cauliflower is a cruciferous (Brassica) vegetable that is naturally high in fibre and B-vitamins.
🔹 It provides antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against cancer. Cauliflower contains fiber to enhance weight loss and digestion, also choline that is essential for learning and memory, and many other important nutrients.
🔹 With the addition of pumpkin seeds, turmeric, ginger, garlic, and coconut oil, you are creating a Powerful Brain Food to enhance your mental mood and cognition.
- 1 head of fresh cauliflower
- 1 cup of raw pumpkin seeds
- 4 tablespoons of finely chopped raw turmeric
- 4 tablespoons of finely chopped raw ginger
- 4 tablespoons of finely chopped raw garlic
- Himalayan, sea, or rock salt (not iodised) and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons of EV coconut oil
In sauce pan large enough for all ingredients (don’t overcrowd) melt coconut oil over medium heat for 1 minute, than add all ingredients and let saute (cook in pan) for 5 – 7 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, so nothing burns.
- Depending on the size of the cauliflower head, this recipe makes ten – twelve 1/2 cup servings.
- Please try to find fresh turmeric, ginger, and garlic. Fresh is best if possible!
- Saute’ ingredients in coconut oil at medium heat, not high heat.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Snack/Side
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Brain/Mental Health
Keywords: cauliflower, brassica, brain health, mental health, depression, anxiety, cognition, vegan,