My friends, it’s time to get on board the fat bomb train. Which is easy to do, because clean recipes for fat bombs are here.
Think of them like energy balls, but instead of being made with things like oats or dried fruit, they’re made almost exclusively from high-fat, low-carb ingredients. Think coconut, unsweetened dark chocolate, nuts, seeds, and nut butters, and avocado.
We need fats to absorb fat soluble vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E and vitamin K, and research suggests that monounsaturated fats (the kind found in avocados, nuts and olives) can lower ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol and increase ‘good’ HDL cholesterol.
Fats take longer to break down in the digestive tract and slow the breakdown of carbohydrates into sugar, keeping our blood sugar levels stable and helping us to feel fuller for longer. According to scientific research, a spoonful of coconut oil a day could even whittle our waistlines away!
You’ll still need to watch your portion sizes but, since fats are satisfying, eating a fat bomb for a snack could actually help you stop snacking on sugary zero nutrient snacks.
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw walnuts
1/4 cup raw brazil nuts
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 pitted dates
2 Tbsp. Tahnini
25 grams of 85% – 90% dark chocolate
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup melted ghee
1/4 cup melted EV coconut oil
- Put nuts, coconut, chocolate, and dates in food processor and pule a few times to a coarse texture. More pulsing if you want a finer texture.
Note; If you don’t have a food processor, chop ingredients to a fine texture.
2. Pour the nutty chocolate coconut mix into a bowl, and add all the other ingredients. Mix with your hands into a wet mixture a form into small balls.
3. Then refrigerate for an hour, and they are good to go.
4. Store in the refrigerator in a covered glass container, or freeze some for later, yes, they freeze very well.
Try different nuts and spices, and to keep this recipe vegan, omit ghee, and use a combination of almond butter and Coconut oil.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: snacks
- Method: mix
- Cuisine: Ketoflex Brain Health